1. Navigate to the appropriate assessment category tab on your dashboard:
At the top of your teacher dashboard, click on the type of assessment you would like to assign to your student.
Under "Next Assessment," you will see the assigned next assessment in that category.
Under "By," you will either see the initials of the teacher who manually assigned the assessment, or Rudy the Dog if the assessment has been recommended automatically by Literably. Hovering over the initials will show the teacher's full name:
2. Change the next assessment using the pencil icon, or preview the skills using the eye icon:
3. Select a Foundational Skills assessment.
In the pop-up window, use the drop-down menu under "Category" to select an assessment. You can select the assessment that has been recommended by Literably, a pre-made assessment, or create your own custom assessment:
- Recommended by Literably (default): If your student has taken a previous assessment, Literably will adjust the difficulty level of the questions based on their performance on the previous assessment and suggest a new assessment. (Hint: you can use the "See Preview" button to see which skills will be presented to your student.)
- Pre-made assessments: If your student has never taken a Phonics or Phonological Awareness assessment in the past, Literably will automatically populate the pre-made screener according to your student's grade level. You can also use this drop-down to select a screener for a different grade level. This might be useful, for example, if you have a second grader to whom you would like to administer a first grade Phonics screener. The questions for these screeners have been selected based on appropriate learning progression for each grade level.
- Custom assessments: If you are interested in gathering data about specific phonics or phonological awareness skills for your students, you can create a custom assessment by selecting 5-20 subskills to present to the student.
- First, select the main skill using the "Skill" drop-down.
- Select 1 or more subskills using the "Sub Skills" drop-down.
- Use the "+ Add Skills" button to add more skills.
4. Click "Save" to save your selections.
5. If assigning the same text to multiple students, use the bulk assignment feature.
To manually select the same assessment for multiple students, check the boxes in front of their names, and then the "Assign Next Assessments" button in the top-right corner of your dashboard: