Overview: Some teachers may want to introduce the foundational skills assessment by giving students a live demonstration of the program. This can be especially useful at the beginning of the school year or when first launching Literably. Logging in as a demo student is also an excellent way to try out the foundational skills assessment for yourself so that you can support students if needed.
1. Log in to your teacher account via Clever/ClassLink or at literably.com/login with your email and password.
2. Make sure that you have selected "Phonics" or "Phonological Awareness" for the Demo Student in the drop-down menu under the "Next Assessment" column of your teacher dashboard:
3. Click the blue Log In As Demo Student button in the top left corner of your dashboard:
4. Follow the directions at the top of the screen to log in as a demo student:
Enter your email address or username in the teacher email box.
You can then select Demo Student from the drop down menu and click Log In.
5. Once you log in, you can walk students through each section of the assessment from the demo account, without needing to worry about interfering with any real students' assessment histories:
If you answer the prompts as a demo student, Literably will attempt to grade the recording and display the demo assessment results on your dashboard.
- If your district/school has disabled the student drop-down menu method of logging in for students, the demo student feature will not work.
- For districts using Clever/ClassLink, the demo student results on the dashboard will be removed each day due to the Clever/ClassLink sync, which keeps rosters up to date.
- If you do not see the "Demo Student" on your roster, first click on the "Log In As Demo Student" button to log into the demo student's account. You can log out right away.
- The "Demo Student" will then appear on your roster.
- In the drop-down menu under the "Next Assessment" column of your dashboard, select "Phonics" or "Phonological Awareness":
- The next time you log in as the demo student, you will be able to demo a phonological awareness or phonics assessment.
- To demo the main Literably assessment with students, please refer to these directions.