How to Use Hot Keys to Revise the Transcript
To make changes to a graded assessment, you will need to use the following "hot keys" to modify the running record. The table below describes each of the keys (A, S, D, E) and their function:
1. Using "A" to Add:
If a student inserts or repeats a word, hover your cursor over the space where the word was inserted and press A. In the pop-up window, type the utterance that was inserted, and press OK:
The insertion will then displayed in the transcript in red:
2. Using "S" to Substitute:
If a student makes a substitution, hover your cursor over the word that is being substituted and press S. In the pop-up window, type the utterance that the student made, and press OK:
This will display the substituted word in red and cross out the correct word in the passage:
3. Using "D" to Delete:
If a student omits a word, hover your cursor over the word and press D." This will cross out the word that is omitted:
4. Using "E" to End the Transcript:
The recording will stop after 1 minute (typically for levels A-G) and 2 minutes (typically for levels H-Z). To indicate where the student stopped reading at the end of the recording, hover your cursor over the first unread word and press "E," This will cross out the remainder of the passage.
Directions for Regrading a Student's Running Record
1. Click on the name of the assessment from your dashboard.
2. Click the "Edit Transcript" button at the top of the graded assessment:
3. This will allow you to edit the transcript of this recording and display a list of hot keys for quick reference:
4. Make modifications to the transcript using the directions at the top of this article. When finished, press the "Submit Scoring" button:
This will update the running record with your revisions.
Non-Word Utterances and Literably's Phoneme Chart
Non-word utterances in Literably are transcribed using this phoneme chart. For example, if a student inserts the non-word utterance "blick," Literably's graders will string together the phonemes "b" "l" "i-" and "k" and insert "blik-" in the transcript.