How do I use Literably on an iPad? Follow
Answer: The Literably iPad app is available in the App Store. The current version is 1.3.2, and iPadOS 13.0 or higher is required. App versions prior to 1.3.2 are no longer supported.
If students are using an iPad, we recommend downloading and using the Literably app to record and assess. Students can also take the oral reading fluency assessment using iOS Safari by going to literably.com/login.
The iPad app only contains the student side of Literably; there is no teacher login on the app. To review graded assessments, track student progress over time, or look at your class dashboard, teachers must still log in on the web at https://literably.com/login, which you can access on any device.
iPadOS 13.0 is compatible with these devices:
- 5th, 6th, and 7th generation
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air
- iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- All iPad Pro models
1. Version 1.3.2 includes a number of new security and usability improvements that will enhance the student assessment experience on Literably.
2. Version 1.3.0 supports Literably's new foundational skills assessments. The iPad should not be in Low Power Mode for foundational skills assessments to display properly.
3. Version 1.2.4 supports auto-rotation to align with attached keyboards.
- This feature works with texts at levels A-P, not Q-Z (which display in portrait mode).
- Once a student logs into Literably, the screen will auto-rotate until the student presses the "Start" button to record.
- After the student begins recording, the screen will no longer auto-rotate for the remainder of the assessment, in order to minimize distractions.
4. On versions 1.2.2 or higher of the Literably app, Literably will work on iPads in Dark and Light Mode. On older versions of the Literably app (before version 1.2.2), Literably will not work on iPads in Dark Mode.
Below are instructions on how to update your iPad to "Light Mode," if needed.
Directions: On an iPad, students can go to: Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Update to "Light Mode"