Answer: The Literably iPad app is available in the App Store. The current version is 1.3.0, and iOS 12.0 or higher is required. App versions prior to 1.2.1 are not supported.
If students are using an iPad, we recommend downloading and using the Literably app to record and assess. Students can also take the oral reading fluency assessment using iOS Safari by going to literably.com/login.
The iPad app only contains the student side of Literably; there is no teacher login on the app. To review graded assessments, track student progress over time, or look at your class dashboard, teachers must still log in on the web at https://literably.com/login, which you can access on any device.
iOS 12.0 is compatible with these devices:
- 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th generation
- iPad Mini
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4, 5th, and 6th generation
- iPad Air
- Original iPad Air, iPad Air (2019), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3rd, and 4th generation
- iPad Pro
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation
1. Version 1.3.0 supports Literably's new foundational skills assessments.
2. Version 1.2.4 supports auto-rotation to align with attached keyboards.
- This feature works with texts at levels A-P, not Q-Z (which display in portrait mode).
- Once a student logs into Literably, the screen will auto-rotate until the student presses the "Start" button to record.
- After the student begins recording, the screen will no longer auto-rotate for the remainder of the assessment, in order to minimize distractions.
3. On versions 1.2.2 or higher of the Literably app, Literably will work on iPads in Dark and Light Mode. On older versions of the Literably app (before version 1.2.2), Literably will not work on iPads in Dark Mode.
Below are instructions on how to update your iPad to "Light Mode," if needed.
Directions: On an iPad, students can go to: Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Update to "Light Mode"