Note before starting:
- This Help Center article includes information on what each column in the data export means.
Directions: To export data in CSV format, click your email in the top right of your dashboard and click Data Export.
You'll then see the Data Export pop-up:
1. Use the Scope dropdown to select the scope of the export (class, school, or district).
- Only school admins can export at the school level.
- Only district admins can export at the district level.
- Teachers can export at the class level. The export will only contains results for students who are currently rostered under the teacher.
- For school and district admins, it is recommended that they download exports for their schools and districts and then filter/sort within those export files to find information they’re looking for. It is not recommended that school and district admins attempt to download exports when viewing other users’ dashboard in Literably. This is due to how our email notification systems are designed. More details below:
- If a school admin is viewing a teacher's dashboard and then downloads a class data export, the export will include data from that teacher's class. When the school admin does this, the teacher whose dashboard they are viewing will receive the data export via email (but the school admin will not).
- If a district admin is viewing a school admin's dashboard or teacher's dashboard and they then download a school or class data export, the export will include data from that school admin's school or that teacher's class. In both cases, the user whose dashboard the district admin is viewing will receive the data export via email (but the district admin will not).
2. Use the Format dropdown to choose either One Row Per Assessment or One Row Per Student.
- "One Row Per Assessment" yields a full list of all graded assessments completed within the start and end date.
- "One Row Per Student" yields ONLY the most recent graded assessment for each unique student completed within the start and end date.
3. (Optional) Customize the Start and End Date for when you want to download your data export for.
- If you leave the end date field blank, your data export will include data up to today's date
- Important: The data export can pull data from the preceding 4 years (48 months)*
*Updated June 2020; previously the data export could only pull data from the proceeding 2.5 years (30 months). Thus, by December 2021, the data export will be able to pull data from the preceding 4 years.
4. (Optional) you can check whether you'd like DRA levels to be included in your data export.
5. (Optional) Downloading data from the Data Export pop-up screen.
If a data export has already been downloaded this school year, you can access that most recent export by clicking on the blue links as follows:
- "Download Most Recent District Export"
- "Download Most Recent School Export"
- "Download Most Recent Class Export"
- Note: your user role (teacher, school admin, district admin) dictates which export links are made visible to you on the pop-up screen.
6. Opening/Viewing the CSV File.
You should receive an email with a link to download the data export as a CSV file in a few minutes (see image below).
To download the file, click the blue link (https://literably-data...) in your email, and the CSV file will be saved to your computer.
If Safari is your default browser, you can download the file by:
- Copying and pasting the link into a Chrome browser, or
- Right-clicking the link and selecting “Download Link File As…"
To open the file from your computer, right-click it and select “Open With,” then “Microsoft Excel”:
- During the summer, when teacher dashboards are reset in preparation for the next school year, district and school administrators can still download a data export containing student data from the previous school year(s).
- If a student has completed a graded assessment within the time frame of the data export being downloaded, the assessment(s) will appear on a district/school export even if the student is no longer enrolled/rostered.
- Data exports can be pulled containing data from the preceding 48 months (4 years).
If you would like to be a school or district administrator, please contact the person at your school or district who is responsible for your Literably implementation.