Login (0 - 0:35 in video)
If your students are logging in through Clever or ClassLink, they should click on one of those buttons on the login screen.
If students do not use Clever of ClassLink to login, they'll use one of these two methods:
- If your students have Literably usernames and passwords, they'll type those in and login.
- If not, they'll type in the teacher's email address and pick their names from a list.
Read Out Loud (0:35 - 1:30 in video)
When students login, sometimes (but not always) they will be read a short book introduction and then click "Next Page" button. After that, a passage will appear with a big "Start" button, and Literably will prompt students to read the passage aloud. Students should click Start and read out loud, turning the pages as they read.
They should keep reading until they finish the last page and then click the "Stop" button. If it's a long passage, Literably may stop them and ask them to read the rest silently.
If something goes wrong (e.g. there's a P.A. announcement), students can record again. Literably will score the first full recording.
Answer the Questions (1:30 - end)
When students have read the whole passage, they should click the blue Comprehension button.
Literably will guide students through the multiple-choice questions and the retell.
- Students can click on the blue speaker icons to hear questions and answer choices out loud.
- Students can click the blue arrow button to go back and review/change their answers.
- Students can click on the "Return to Reading" button to go back to the passage and look for information related to the multiple-choice questions.
- Students can type their retells into the box, or they can record their retells by clicking on the blue Start Recording Answer button.
When students have finished the retell, they should logout.
Within 24 hours of your students assessing, Literably will send the results to your email address and will post them to your teacher account.