- In this article, we will cover the main steps you need to take in order for your school site or district site to get set up on Clever and Literably. Below each step, we have included relevant Clever (and Literably) Help Center articles that may be useful to review.
- If you click the below Clever Help Center links, please take note of the related articles on the left-hand side of the main article page.
- Note: Clever and Literably will generally sync twice a day Monday-Friday and once on Sunday.
Best practices and information about Literably emails and data:
- When you finalize your sharing rules, please only share necessary sections with Literably. This is important for a few reasons:
- Reduce unnecessary emails: In Literably, all shared teachers associated with a student (via a section) will receive summary results emails from Literably. As an example, if you share each student's Art, PE, and Math teacher with Literably, those teachers will receive summary results emails from Literably (which might not be actually necessary for those teachers).
- Improve accuracy of data exports: In Literably data exports (more info. here and here), we will associate a teacher with a student for every graded assessment that is taken.
- If a student is only associated with one teacher (via a section), then that student will be associated with that teacher in the Literably data export.
- If a student is associated with multiple teachers, Literably will associate the student with the teacher who has the highest Literably ID number (which is somewhat arbitrary) for all assessments prior to November 22, 2021.
- If a student is associated with one primary teacher and one section (but perhaps multiple co-teachers) in Clever, Literably will associate the student with the primary teacher for all assessments taken after November 22, 2021.
Required steps if you are new to Literably:
- Have the person who manages Clever at your site (i.e., your Clever Manager) accept Literably's email invitation to connect via Clever.
- Have your Clever Manager finalize your "sharing rules" in order to create your Literably dashboards and accounts.
- Have your Clever Manager share "staff" in Clever (which then creates school admins and district admins) in Literably, as needed.
- Have your Clever Manager or other personnel inform teachers how they can sign into Literably via Clever.
- For example, let teachers know where to find the Clever portal button and what type of username/password credentials they will use to sign in.
- Clever PD guide
Note: The start date of your sections' term dates should be after July 15 (Literably's rollover date) of that academic year. For example, in order for sections in the 2021-2022 school year to sync via Clever, the start date of your sections should be after 7/15/2021.
Required steps if you have been using Literably previously and have been setting up your school/district rosters using CSV files (via manual uploads or via SFTP/OneRoster):
- Complete steps 1-4 above.
- Preserve Literably data during your Clever transition.
- If transitioning from manual CSV uploads:
- If you want your students' Literably assessment data to be preserved when you transition to Clever rostering, it is required that each student's SIS_ID in Clever is 100% identical to their "Student ID" in your most recent Literably CSV files.
- Please also ensure that each teacher's/admin's SIS_ID in Clever is 100% identical to their "Teacher ID" in your most recent Literably CSV files. Failure to do so can slow down your Clever transition and cause technical issues.
- Information on manual CSV uploads
- If transitioning from OneRoster:
- if you want your students' Literably assessment data to be preserved when you transition to Clever rostering, it is required that each student's SIS_ID in Clever is 100% identical to their "SourcedID" as listed in the users.CSV file (uploaded as part of your most recent OneRoster files).
- Please also ensure that each teacher's/admin's SIS_ID in Clever is 100% identical to their "SourcedID" as listed in the users.CSV file (uploaded as part of your most recent OneRoster files). Failure to do so can slow down your Clever transition and cause technical issues.
- Information on SFTP/OneRoster
- If transitioning from manual CSV uploads:
Recommended (but optional) steps:
Share ELL and Home Language information with Literably via Clever: If English Language Learner status and home language information are shared with Literably, we will apply accent-specific filters to the relevant students' reading transcripts to help mitigate some (but not all) instances of second language interference. (More details here).
In order for an ELL student's home language to be recognized by Literably, both the "ell_status" and "home_language" fields need to be filled out and shared with Literably:
- The "ell_status" field should contain Y or N.
- The "home_language" should contain either the name of the language (e.g., Hebrew) or the code (e.g., 21) from the CA home language codes.
- Additional resource from Clever: How do I share IEP or ELL students with applications?
- Should you have any Clever-specific questions (e.g., how do I set up my sharing rules), please contact Clever Support at 1-800-521-6516 or create a ticket here: https://support.clever.com/hc/en-us/requests/new .
- If you have questions about Literably, please don't hesitate to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.