Overview: School districts have the option to connect with Literably via an SFTP port, for the purposes of obtaining a data export from Literably each night.
- Please contact your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you'd like to obtain SFTP credentials for your district.
- Literably will send you SFTP username and password.
- The Literably server/host name is: sftp://sftp.literably.com
- The path is /home/username
- You/your IT team will then be able to connect to Literably via an SFTP port and access the nightly data export.
Information about the data export:
A data export can be manually downloaded from your Literably account.
- How to interpret the data export
- Note: Districts will often upload the data in the "Estimated Instructional Level" column of the data export to their data warehouse instead of (or in addition to) the "Instructional Level" column. This is because the "Estimated Instructional Level" matches perfectly with the level that is displayed on teachers' Literably dashboards, making it easier for teachers to compare the level on their dashboard with the level in your data warehouse.
- Data exports can be pulled containing data from the preceding 48 months (4 years).
Information about the nightly data export:
The nightly data export will contain all your students' graded assessment data for the current school year, with a start date of July 25th.
Important: currently, Literably does not have a direct integration with student information systems (SISs) or data warehouses used by districts. In addition, Literably doesn't provide an automated way to pull the nightly data export from the SFTP port nor upload the nightly data exports into those district systems.
Typically, Literably's district partners work with their internal IT teams and/or their SIS/data warehouse vendors to:
- Automate pulling the nightly data export from the SFTP port
- Import relevant Literably data into their data warehouses/portals