Before you begin:
Make sure that on your dashboard, the Next Assessment column lists "Phonics" or "Phonological Awareness" for your student:
More directions on how to do this are found here.
If possible, sit next to or in close proximity with your student while they take the assessment. Introduce the assessment to your student and remind them to listen carefully to the directions Rudy will give them.
Logging in: Students should log into Literably in the same way that they normally due, via:
- The Literably login page: literably.com/login (details here)
- Clever Single Sign-On
- ClassLink Single Sign-On
Rudy's Intro: Your student will be presented with verbal instructions by Rudy that describe the assessment and provide some examples of how to answer the prompts. At the end of the instructions, your student will be prompted to say "I'm ready to start playing the game" to start the assessment.
Each time the prompts shift to a new skill (e.g., isolation, CVC, etc.), Rudy will provide directions and examples for that new skill.
During the Assessment: Observe your students assess and provide any necessary guidance or redirections. The following screenshot and notes provide additional details about navigating through the assessment:
1. Rudy will give your student a series of prompts. Please have your student speak as clearly as possible into the microphone. The microphone icon will turn green to indicate that the device detects your student's voice. Students should only give their answer one time.
- If the device does not detect any sound after a prompt, Rudy may ask your student to repeat their answer by saying, "Sorry, I didn't catch that. Let's try again."
- If the device still does not detect any sound after a prompt, Rudy will move to the next prompt after 15 seconds.
2. After your student answers the prompt, click the green arrow button to move to the next prompt.
3. You can have Rudy repeat the directions, as needed, by clicking the "Replay Instructions" button. (Note: if this button is pressed multiple times, Rudy may move on to the next prompt because the microphone does not detect any sound.)
4. You can pause the assessment as much as needed using the pause icon.
- If your student resumes the assessment at a later time, the assessment will start where your student left off.
- If your student resumes the assessment after a break of more than 30 minutes, Rudy's intro will play again, and then the assessment will resume where your student left off.
- Your student will not be able to start a new assessment until they complete their current assessment.
5. The progress meter displays how much of the assessment your student has completed.
When your student completes the assessment, they can click the "Log Out" button, or they will be auto-logged out after 10 seconds.
Note: The Foundational Skills Assessment is currently not compatible with the Safari browser on a laptop/desktop computer, or on an iPad. Please use a different web browser on a computer, or the Literably iPad app.